Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oysters!!!

Ever since I started this project, I have really looked froward to stitching the oysters. Yesterday evening I got two of them done:


And here is a closeup of the first one I finished, its got such pretty colors in it, look closely :)

I dithered over whether to use pearl beads or do the rhodes for the pearls on the oysters. I decided on the rhodes, and iIadded a strand of pearl blending filament to add a hint of sparkle. I fully expect, unless something goes wrong, to finish the oysters and the rhodes bars today, so I can start a fish medallion by tomorrow. The 3rd one was released a few days ago...I feel so behind still! I want to get caught up with the group, its very motivating. I am not sure why I am so determined to catch up, but I really am!

Thanks for looking!

Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

sharine said...

It is looking very pretty.

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Melissa. Adding the blending filament is a great idea. I can see a hint of sparkle in the photo. All the best in catching up.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Cléo62 said...

C'est magnifique. Bravo à toi pour ce beau travail.